UCPath is the University of California’s new, modernized payroll, benefits, human resources and academic personnel system for all UC employees. It replaced UC's 35-year old Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) and launched at UC Irvine in January 2020.
UC employees can log on to one central online portal called UCPath Online to view pay information and benefits, sign up for direct deposit, update tax withholdings, see vacation and sick leave balances, and more.
Explore this page to find out what’s new and how it will affect you.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
The UCI UCPath Project Team
The UCI UCPath project team serves the UCI campus and Medical Center communities and helps to educate and train employees on the new system. Reach out to the project team with any questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UCPath Center is a systemwide shared transactional and service hub located in Riverside that leverages economies of scale and ensure consistency in business processes. It processes routine transactions related to payroll, benefits, leave management and workforce administration for UC's 10 campuses, five medical centers, and the Office of the President.
Many critical Human Resources functions remain at the campus level, including hiring and retention, performance management, employee and labor relations, and other non-transactional business activities. For more information on the UCPath Center (UCPC) in Riverside, CA, visit the UCPath website.
UCPath = UC Payroll, Academic Personnel, Timekeeping, Human Resources
UCPath is a project launched by the University of California (UC) to modernize its previous payroll system, which was 35+ years old. Once UCPath is live at all locations, all employees will use the same system. This new technology unifies and standardizes payroll, benefits, and human resources for all UC employees. It increases efficiencies in working together and sharing information systemwide so we can better focus on our core mission of teaching, research, and public service.
UCPath launched at UCI in January 2020. With UCPath Online, employees and managers have 24/7 access to view and manage personnel information and benefits, view pay statements, sign up for Direct Deposit, update tax withholdings, see vacation and sick leave balances, and more.
UCPath replaced our 35-year-old PPS system that was outdated and differed from campus to campus. The new UCPath system provides consistency across all UCs and improves the way HR and payroll services are provided to 200,000+ employees.
Its state-of-the-art technology brings streamlined processes, consistent data, robust metrics, greater efficiencies, and a shared UCPath Center in Riverside that issues paychecks and processes many transactions. The user-friendly UCPath Online portal provides 24/7 self-service access to employee and managers for payroll, benefits, and HR information.
- UCPath replaced UCI’s current Payroll and Personnel System (PPS) as of January 2020
- The new UCPath Portal offers 24/7 online access to view and manage benefits, vacation and sick balances, W2s and earnings statements, personal and sabbatical information and more
- Employees can record life events and make benefits changes for life events through UCPath Online
- At Your Service Online (AYSO) will only be used for retirement information and historical payroll information; W-2s and earnings statements for 2019 and earlier will continue to be available on AYSO, but will be available via the UCPath portal for 2020 and beyond
- Employees can sign up for and manage Direct Deposit on UCPath Online; Direct Deposit will also offer more options – up to three bank accounts (including credit union)
- Employees get new ID numbers, which are on pay statements and on UCPath Online
- The UCPath Center in Riverside is a shared services center for all UCs that will issue paychecks and complete/approve many transactions; it also provides support on UCPath Online
- Paycheck layouts look different than PPS, but the information remains the same
- UCI will no longer be able to cut checks, so paper paychecks can no longer be picked up on campus; they are mailed to home addresses the day before payday and may take 2-4 days to arrive (signing up for Direct Deposit will ensure access to earnings on payday with no delays)
- Paper pay statements are no longer available for pick-up on campus; employees can view pay statements online via the UCPath portal 24/7
- Final pay for voluntary terminations will be at the next scheduled paycheck
- The max vacation accrual for part-time employees will be pro-rated based on their %
- New templates, forms and processes are in place for employees who work with human resources transactions; access the Transactional User area of the ucpath.uci.edu website
- UCI’s new UCI Employee Experience Center (EEC) will provide help and answer questions through the phone (949-824-0500) and a user-friendly online portal eec.hr.uci.edu
- Pay and benefits - they all converted to UCPath
- Direct Deposits - all Direct Deposits converted to UCPath, so employees that were signed up for DD didn’t have to do anything; employees who want to sign up for Direct Deposit can do so on UCPath Online
- Employee information converted from AYSO to UCPath; employees should verify their home address and other personal information at UCPath Online to make sure it's current and correct
- Where to go to complete and submit timesheets — employees still use their current system to report work time
- Where to go first for payroll/HR questions or help; employees should still go first to their local point of contact (department payroll or academic representative, CPOs, MAABOs, etc.)
- AYSO will still be used to estimate retirement earnings; retirees will use UCRAYS to manage beneficiaries, review retiree pay statements and 1099R statements
- Paycheck format (e.g., deductions have different labels)
- New employee ID
- Vacation and sick leave balances are no longer displayed on the earnings statement; they are on the UCPath portal
- Employees may have up to three direct deposit accounts
- Small calculation differences for percentage 403b and 457b deductions when both are taken in the same pay period
- Small tax calculation differences; out-of-state and local taxes are now automated
- Executive life insurance is taxed in the current period and displayed on the earnings statement
- FICA taxes applied in the current pay period, not the following pay period
- Employer contributions split between first and second biweekly earnings statements instead of all in the first earnings statement
- Credit union deductions made via direct deposit
- Garnishments now shown on earnings statements; percentage garnishments are automatically calculated
- Small calculation differences in FLSA earnings
- Flat tax amounts now deducted evenly across all pay periods
- Go to UCPath Online
- Enter your UCInetID and password and continue with required DUO multi-factor authentication.
- Answer security set-up questions and government-mandated demographic questions (first-time login only). One of your security questions will be presented when you perform certain tasks, such as opening a pay statement, to ensure your information is secure.
- Review personal information for accuracy and update if needed.
- Review your benefits to reflect your choices.
- Enter your emergency contact information
- For help or questions, go to your division payroll or HR contact, or contact UCI’s local Employee Experience Center (EEC) at 949-824-0500 or online via eec.hr.uci.edu